GordenLaw is hiring! Are you a licensed attorney drawn to the areas of law that govern people’s most important relationships, whether it is their children, spouse, aging parents, or other family members? Are you interested in working in the areas of divorce, adoption, grandparent rights, guardianships, and juvenile law but not interested in keeping a litigation lawyer’s schedule? Are you seeking to balance your interest in making a real difference in people’s lives with the fact your personal skill set is more in the transactional areas of research, drafting, and advising? If so, we’d like to talk to you!
We are looking for an associate attorney to take the lead in the following tasks:
- Counsel clients and draft legal pleadings for limited scope representation in family law related matters
- Research and write briefs and memorandums on family, guardianship, and juvenile matters at both the trial court and appellate court level
- Prepare simple estate plans for clients who have completed a recent divorce or modification
- Develop checklists for attorneys and staff in the various types of matters handled by the firm
GordenLaw offers a family-like working environment with a developed mentorship/training program; advanced technology and tools; options for telecommuting, very flexible scheduling, membership and associate career paths; a demonstrated commitment to pro bono; and much more!
Desired Personality, Skills, and Experience
- J.D. and graduation in top half of class from accredited law school
- Nebraska bar admission
- 1 to 4 years of experience in family law or general litigation
- Attention to detail
- Ability to avoid multi-tasking and focus on one project to completion, yet switch focus when required
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong technology skills and willing to learn advanced, fully-integrated cloud based and local technology
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, including grammar and word choice
- Discretion and good judgment
How to Apply
Please note that the following are required for your application to be considered:
- Please send an email to with the following subject line: “I can read” and note that emails should only be sent between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- Emails should include attached, in PDF format, the following:
- A cover letter that states your 5-letter “type” from 16personalities.com;
- A copy of your resume;
- Your unofficial law school transcript;
- A writing sample related to family law of no more than 3-6 pages;
- Three references with name, phone number, email, and how they know you.