Removal – Moving from Nebraska with Minor Child(ren)

If the custodial parent wants to move from the State of Nebraska with the minor child/ren, Nebraska law requires that s/he obtain either the custodial parent’s permission or a court order allowing the move. There are several factors that the parents requesting the move must show, including: a legitimate reason for the move; the best interests of the child/ren require remaining with the custodial parent; and the move is ultimately in the child’s best interests. The court will consider a number of specific factors to make this determination. Contact us at (402) 817-1450 to learn more.